NMBI Launches New Guide and FAQs for Applicants from Outside the EU
The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland has launched new guidance for nurses and midwives from outside the EU who are applying to join the Register and work in Ireland.
The document, which has been circulated to stakeholders and published on the NMBI website, sets out the steps to recognition of qualifications and subsequent registration. It also provides answers to applicants' most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
NMBI Establishing Panel of Education Assessors
The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland is expanding the panel of Education Assessors to assist our Registration Department.
The role of the Education Assessor is to assess applications from nurses and midwives who wish to have their qualifications recognised and join the Register.
NMBI Invites Applications for Site Inspectors
The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) is inviting applications from registered nurses and midwives to participate in site inspections of Education Bodies (EB) and the Associated Health Care Providers (AHCP). Our inspection team consists of both academic and clinical nursing and midwifery staff.
HSE National Immunisation Office: Covid-19 Vaccine Bulletin
The HSE National Immunisation Office has published its Covid-19 vaccination bulletin which includes important updates in clinical guidance for the vaccination programme.
This 42nd edition includes information on the following:
- Booster or additional dose vaccination after breakthrough COVID-19 infection
- Checking a person’s age before vaccination
- Booster doses for people aged 16 years and older who are immunocompromised and have received an additional dose
- Children aged 12-15 years and booster doses
- Booster doses for those vaccinated abroad
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Important information regarding dates
- Updated report on the safety of COVID-19 vaccines in pregnancy
- Covax Update
- Seasonal Influenza vaccine
A round up of the latest news stories including:
- Nurses and midwives to get €1,000 Covid recognition payment
- Irish Cancer Society Scholarships
- Pandemic sparks surge in applicants for English nursing/midwife courses
- History of Irish nurses in Britain to feature in second book